HOUSTON — Major League Baseball is looking into an incident at Fenway Park during Game 1 of the American League Championship Series on Saturday in which a person associated with the Houston Astros was removed by security after apparently taking photos of the Red Sox dugout. The individual was removed from the area early in the game, which the Astros won, 7-2.
The episode, which was first reported by Metro on Tuesday, was confirmed by an M.L.B. official who had been briefed on the matter but asked not to be identified because the inquiry was not complete.
Red Sox General Manager Dave Dombrowski acknowledged the situation on Tuesday after Boston won Game 3, 8-2, but said that he was not concerned about it.
“It really is in Major League Baseball’s hands,” he said, and added: “That was taken care of very early in the game. That didn’t have anything to do with the game.”
Astros Manager A.J. Hinch said: “I’m aware of something going on, but I haven’t been briefed. I’m worried about the game.”
M.L.B. had a cheating episode last fall, when it fined the Red Sox after a team trainer was caught using Apple Watch technology. The trainer was relying on an Apple Watch in the dugout to relay signs from Boston’s video-replay room to players on the field — a violation of the rules prohibiting the use of technology to steal signs from opposing teams.